The research activity covers both agricultural and environmental projects. The improvement of the efficiency in the productive, energetic processes and consumption of raw materials, through the rational and practical use of the resources in the production respectful with the environment, as well as the development and adaptation of new technologies of production. The services we offer in terms of research, development and innovation always focused on an environmental and sustainable perspective range from:
- Management of procedures with any government administration, always related to agricultural activities, control of the legality of agrarian exploitation, agri-food processing of primary products (Ministry of Agriculture; Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products; Spanish Agency for Consumer Affairs, Food Safety and Nutrition).
- Preliminary projects and full projects, both agricultural and environmental, of any crop. Specialised in industrial hemp crops, medical cannabis, and what are called new emerging plants. Ability to face both the development of projects and their execution or cooperation in them.
- Crop advise at health’ level (pests, diseases and weeds) and nutrition’ issues (deficits, excesses, interpretation of analysis).
- Plant Breeding: experimental design and development of new cannabis varieties.
- Other services, such as agricultural surveys or expert reports related or not to the cultivation of industrial hemp.
Several of our R&D papers:
Food products derived from hemp
The main goal of this Agricultural Technical Study is to make an objective assessment of the technical and economic feasibility of establishing a family business focused on the production, processing and distribution of food products based on hemp seed (hemp seed).
Hempdiesel vs. Diesel
The agroecological aspects and the high production of plant biomass from hemp cultivation are factors that indicate a possible interest in this plant from energy use, but it is necessary to perform a Life Cycle Analysis to validate it.
Summary of the Final Degree Project for the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Environmental Sciences, June 2003).
Sustainable and healthy agriculture is the basis for balanced and long-term development; we must recover the symbiosis with the environment, not only shear and exploit. Find local crops better adapted to the most resistant environmental conditions, which give little work and whose costs are minimal. Find sustainable raw materials, alternatives to oil and wood.
Hemp is one of these crops, the raw material for more than 25,000 biodegradable products and easily obtained, biological and environmentally correct.